Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Nervous About Voter Suppression

I'm going to come out and say it--the GOP is corrupt and they (allegedly wink wink) steal elections. They did it in 2000. I am not even speculating on that--it's pretty much fact. And while I do not have actual evidence, there sure were some weird things going on in 2011 with some special elections in Wisconsin--first with the Supreme Court election in April and then with at least one of the state senate recall elections in August. In those last two, Waukesha (very red Waukesha) County Clerk Kathy Nickolaus did some weird things--and after Joanne Kloppenberg won the Supreme Court seat by a small margin, Nickolaus "found" something like 10,000 votes for David Prosser a few days later and he was declared the winner. I'm still sick about it. Nickolaus is pals with Scott Walker too, as is Prosser. Do you follow me?

Nickolaus was told to sit out the historic recall election on June 5 but I read somewhere that she may be involved after all. Of course, how convenient. There is also all of the voter suppression tactics by the Koch Brothers and all the right wing nutbags and/or corporate interests. Robo-calls with wrong information, incorrect absentee ballot info for registered Democrats, photo ID laws.

It's why I'm nervous as hell about this election. I know that if it's fair and square, Tom Barrett has a great chance to upset Scott Walker and take the Governor's mansion away from Walker. But I am nervous about how much money is being spent by the right wing to brainwash voters. I am nervous about Kathy Nickolaus and how she might cheat and lie and give Walker enough votes to win. I am nervous because the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, the same newspaper that made Walker's criminal John Doe investigation front page news, is endorsing the governor and saying the recall is petty and a waste of time and money.

It's so sickening. It's sickening because these morons can't play fair. They know they are wrong yet they are corrupted by big money and power grabbing. They know Walker is in trouble yet they protect him. They are nervous about the people power in Wisconsin and how it might actually protect what's left of our democracy, but I'm nervous about them not playing fair--and you can't tell me I'm wrong for feeling that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment